International Electrotechnical Commission's Young Professionals Workshop
NSAI wishes to select two Irish participants for the International Electrotechnical Commission’s Young Professionals Workshop in Busan, South Korea from October 22nd-24th, 2018.
The winner will receive:
- Return flights from Dublin to South Korea.
- Three nights accommodation.
- Public transport and meal allowance.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- You have some experience of standards development or of using standards in the context of conformity assessment.
- You are aged early 20's to mid- 30's.
- You work for a business,industry, association, education body or government body that is using, benefitting from or contributing to the IEC's (International Electrotechnical Commission) work.
How to Enter
Submit a maximum 600-word essay explaining why you should represent Ireland at IEC’s Young Professionals Workshop. You can download the application form here.
The application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 22nd 2018. The deadline has now passed.
The panel may consider the factors listed below:
- The candidate's perception of the role and benefit of standards to industry or to an individual company.
- Pro-activity in promoting the use of, or the participation in, standardisation.
- Indications of innovation in the candidates thinking or activity in relation to standardisation.
- The candidate's potential to contribute to the awareness of electrical standardization.
The Selection Panel's decision on the winners is final.
You can learn more about the competition here.