Given how vital IT is to organisations, it is essential that both your internal and external IT services are aligned with the needs of your business and customers. One way we can influence this is by having a structured IT governance framework.
A popular IT framework used by organisations is ISO/IEC 20000-1. It will assist your organisation in benchmarking its IT service management, improving its service offering, demonstrating an ability to meet customer requirements and creating a framework for independent assessment.
Benefits of ISO/IEC 20000-1 Certification can include:
- Creating a framework for independent assessment
- Improving corporate image and credibility
- Access to key markets, as many organisations in the public sector mandate that their IT service providers demonstrate compliance with ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Assuring clients that their service requirements will be fulfilled
- Enforcing a measurable level of effectiveness and a culture of continual improvement by enabling service providers to monitor, measure and review their service management
- Driving down the costs of conformance to many laws and standards, including the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Helping to leverage Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) practices to optimise resources and processes
- Yearly official audit report for comparing the effectiveness before and after your system implementation
- Offering competitive differentiation by demonstrating reliability and high quality of service
Through certification, we assist in addressing the strategic business value generated by an organisation's IT department, and the need to deliver high-quality IT services - not only in the back end, but also for customers and their interaction with the IT system.
Find out more
For more information about how NSAI can help you deliver more effective IT service management, contact us or complete our general request for a quotation form.
To purchase a copy of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 please visit www.standards.ie
To download and complete our ISO/IEC 20000-1 self-assessment checklist see below;