NSAI Customer Charter
NSAI’s commitment to quality customer service
As the primary Irish authority for standardization, certification and measurement services, NSAI contributes to an optimal business environment for trade and innovation through excellence and expertise in the provision of the highest quality services. Guided by our organisational values we are fully committed to providing our customers with an efficient, timely, professional and courteous service.
• EXCELLENCE – We take great pride in and promote leading edge
competency and resilience in the pursuit of excellence in our work,
embracing emerging change and opportunities.
• EXPERTISE – In maintaining our forward-looking competencies, we
recognise the critical importance of ensuring the continued development
and growth of our people.
• RESPECT – We recognise that success can only be achieved by respecting
the diversity of our staff, customers, and partners. This is ensured by
demonstrating an open and engaging approach in all our interactions and
fostering an environment that is built on mutual trust.
• INTEGRITY – We value integrity and manage impartiality. These are the
cornerstones of our activities and are in the forefront of out dealings with
• COLLABORATION – We collaborate across our organisation, with our staff,
as well as external partners in an engaging manner to create sustainable
value for Ireland across a global landscape.
• INNOVATION – We support the need for agility and innovation throughout
our processes, systems, and services, achieved through continually
challenging the ways of today
The National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI) has a wide range of customers, including manufacturing and service businesses, importers, distributors, retailers, consumers, professionals, media, business representatives, non-governmental spokesmen, researchers, students and personnel from Government departments and official agencies. This Charter sets out the standards of service you, as a customer, can expect to receive when contacting the NSAI.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
– Deal with you promptly, efficiently and to the best of our ability and
should you contact us about matters which are not part of our operations
or services, we will do our best to inform you of which other organisation,
if any, we believe can best help you with the information you require
– Be courteous, friendly and attentive in our dealings
– Provide clear and accurate information and only use technical or legal
terms when necessary
– Treat all our customers equally and with respect
– Protect any personal information you give to us, a copy of our personal
– Be impartial and independent in all our dealings with business and the
– Listen to your feedback and deal promptly when you have a complaint
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Our headquarters reception operates from 9.15 h to 13.00 h and 14.00 h to 17.30 h Monday to Thursday (17.15 h Friday). When you contact us by phone:
– We will identify ourselves and direct you to a relevant staff member.
– We will ensure you are assisted if specific staff are not available when
– We aim to answer at least 90% of calls within 15 seconds during
business hours and respond to voice messages promptly.
If you write to us:
– We will acknowledge non-routine enquiries received by post or to our
email firstname.lastname@example.org within two working days of receipt and will respond
fully within five working days where possible. You will be informed if
your enquiry requires considerable research or expertise and you will be
advised when you should expect a full response.
– We will ensure all our correspondence includes a contact name,
telephone number and email address.
– We will respond to you in clear and simple language and if we use
technical terms we will explain them.
If you visit us in person:
– We will be available to meet with you by appointment during normal
office hours and exercise flexibility in so far as possible to meet your
needs outside these hours
– We will be timely and punctual in our dealings with you
– We will make sure to have suitable meeting facilities in a clean,
accessible office that meets health and safety standards
– We will respect your privacy
– We will be polite and fair in our dealings with you
– We will request you observe our Covid-19 measures for so long as they
are in place
We use our website to keep you informed of our activities and to provide you with a
means of accessing our operations or contacting use directly by email. To ensure the
best service to you:
– We will keep our website up-to-date and strive to make it as easy to
access and navigate as possible
– We will ensure that information on our website is clear and accurate,
and where possible that technical or legal terms are explained
– We will provide facilities for making an enquiry or complaint on our
– We will offer facilities to subscribe to sections of the website which may
be of interest to you
ACCESS FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
If you have a disability and inform our Access Officer (email email@example.com) of your intention to visit the NSAI, we will provide all the necessary assistance and information you will require to comfortably and safely access the building.
– Ensure that there is physical access for people with disabilities at our
public offices and maintain that physical access to a high standard
– Ensure that information produced by the NSAI, where possible, is
available in a suitable format for people with disabilities including
working to ensure we maintain an accessible website, and that it and all
new content achieves “Level AA” conformance to the Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, to comply with the National
Disability Authority’s Code of Practice on Accessibility of Public Services.
– Review and improve signage of disabled facilities as necessary.
– Operate clear, impartial and transparent tendering and purchasing
procedures in accordance with Public Procurement Guidelines
– Ensure that payments to suppliers are made in accordance with
applicable Prompt Payment legislation and guidelines
We will do our best to accommodate you if you want to deal with us through
Irish. At a minimum:
– If you write to us in Irish, we will answer in Irish
– If you wish to speak to an Irish speaking member of staff we will put
you in touch with one
– We will meet our obligations under the Official Languages Act 2003 to
publish our Annual Report and Strategic Plan in English and Irish, and
place a proportion of our advertisements in both languages
WE VALUE YOUR OPINION
Let us know when you are happy with the service we have provided for you. Equally, if you are unhappy with our service or if you have suggestions to improve our service, we would like to hear from you. You can communicate your views directly to our staff in day to day contact or in writing by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or by post.
IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH OUR SERVICE
If you are not satisfied with any aspect of our services or you believe the service you have received fall short of what is outlined in this Charter you have a right to complain, preferably in writing. We will deal with your complaint according to our Complaints Policy. All complaints will be dealt with fairly, impartially and in a timely manner. For more information on making a complaint please refer to our Complaints Policy or send an enquiry to email@example.com. We will make sure your interactions with us in the future do not suffer just because you made a complaint.
NSAI headquarters is located at 1 Swift Square, Northwood, Santry, Dublin 9,
Tel: +353 1 807 3800
Our head office opening hours are -
Monday to Thursday: 9.15 h to 13.00 h and 14.00 h to 17.30 h
Friday: 9.15 h to 13.00 h and 14.00 h to 17.15 h
NSAI OFFICES AND CONTACT DETAILS
Headquarters National Standards Authority of Ireland 1 Swift Square Northwood Santry, Dublin 9 D09 AOE4 Tel: +353 1 807 3800 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.nsai.ie
NSAI National Metrology Laboratory Griffith Avenue Extension Glasnevin, Dublin 9, D11 E527
NSAI Regional Centre Plassey Park Road National Technology Park Castletroy, Limerick, V94 X6X0
NSAI Regional Centre Ballybrit Business Park, Ballybrit, Galway H91 NX52 NSAI Legal Metrology, Rossa Avenue, Bishopstown, Cork T12 YA37
NSAI Legal Metrology, IDA Industrial Estate, Poppintree, Dublin 11 D11 DV70
NSAI Legal Metrology, IDA Business Park, Coe's Road, Dundalk, Co Louth A91 EY29 NSAI Legal Metrology, Finisklin Industrial Estate, Sligo F91 W314 NSAI
NSAI Legal Metrology, IDA Industrial Estate, Northern Extension, Cork Rd, Waterford X91 HD59