Standards for Social Responsibility and Accountability
The Social Responsibility Standard, ISO 26000:2010, is a guidance standard and does not include requirements and therefore a non-certifiable standard.
However, SA8000, the Social Accountability Standard published by Social Accountability International (SAI), is certifiable.
This Standard is based on:
- The UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Various International Labour Organization (ILO) conventions.
NSAI can offer SA8000 audit services on behalf of IQNet Ltd., as an IQNet Ltd. representative.
Scope of SA8000
SA8000 covers a range of areas of public concern, including:
- Child labour
- Forced labour
- Workplace safety and health
- Freedom of association
- Discipline and bullying
- Working hours
How Can My Organisation Benefit?
In a nutshell, SA8000 certification offers:
- Verification of your commitment to socially responsible business ethics
- Protection of your brand
- Enhanced reputation as a responsible corporate citizen
- A positive image to consumers and potential investors
- Distinction among your global competitors
- Protection from negative media exposure.
Benefits for your workers
SA8000 can help you to achieve:
- A fair, safe and equitable working environment
- Improved working conditions
- Higher morale in the workforce.
NSAI offers SA8000 through IQNet Ltd. which is an SA8000 accredited certification body.
To receive a quotation for certification please complete and return the NSAI request for quotation form