The systematic management of innovation activities is key to sustained competitiveness, productivity and growth.
Innovation is key to global competitiveness, productivity and human and technological progress. An organisation’s ability to innovate is widely recognised as a key factor for sustained profitable growth and economic viability, enabled by increased sales of innovative solutions for customers across competitive global markets. The innovation capabilities of an organisation include the ability to understand and respond to changing conditions of its context, to pursue new opportunities, and to leverage the knowledge and creativity of people within the organisation, and in collaboration with external stakeholders and partners.
NSAI TC45 is the Standards Committee that contributes to Innovation Management Standards in Ireland. You can view TC45's Annual Reports in the 'Useful Links' section below. At international level, ISO TC279 is the Committee contributing to this sector of Standards.
Want to join TC45?
ISO 56000 Series - Innovation Management Standards
The new ISO 56000 Series of guidance standards on Innovation Management has been developed by innovation experts from across the world. It provides international best practice on the systematic management of innovation activities in organisations of all types, including SMEs. Organisations that pro-actively manage innovation activities as outlined in the ISO 56000 series will ultimately be more likely to take effective action and achieve sustained success by systematically addressing customer needs.
Published ISO 56000 Series Standards:
- ISO 56002:2019 Innovation Management - Innovation Management System – Guidance
- ISO 56000:2020 Innovation Management - Fundamentals and Vocabulary
- ISO 56003:2019 Innovation Management - Tools and Methods for Innovation Partnership – Guidance
- ISO/TR 56004:2019 Innovation Management - Innovation Management Assessment – Guidance
- ISO 56005:2020 Innovation Management - Tools and Methods for Intellectual Property Management - Guidance
- ISO 56006:2021 Innovation management - Tools and methods for strategic intelligence management — Guidance
- ISO 56007:2023 Innovation management - Tools and methods for managing opportunities and ideas — Guidance
- ISO/TS 56010:2023 Innovation management - Illustrative examples of ISO 56000
- ISO 56000 Collection 1:2021 Innovation Management collection - incl. I.S. EN ISO 56000:2021; I.S. EN ISO 56002:2021; I.S. EN ISO 56003:2021; S.R. CEN ISO/TR 56004:2020 & ISO 56005:2020
ISO 56000 Standards in Progress:
National Committee NSAI/TC 45 – Innovation Management Annual Reports
Find out more about ISO Technical Committee ISO/TC 279 – Innovation Management
Read more about ISO 56000 Innovation Management Systems Standards via NSAI brochure