Eleven Irish organisations were recognised for their world-class commitment to people development at the ‘Excellence in People Development Awards’, held in the Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin.
Hosted by NSAI (National Standards Authority of Ireland), the awards are a Government Action Plan for Jobs initiative to recognise the remarkable employee development work that goes on within business and recognise the success of finalists representing a range of industries including hospitality, finance and healthcare
Speaking at the awards ceremony, Minister of State for Business and Employment, Ged Nash T.D. said:
“The Excellence in People Development Awards is a fitting acknowledgment for the commitment shown by Irish organisations to standards of excellence in the workplace. The success of a business or organisation largely depends on its people. Investing in staff creates a knowledge based, efficient workforce which in turn leads to improved business performance, among other benefits for the organisation.”
The event also celebrated the success of eleven organisations, including Barretstown Gang Camp Fund, Ashford Castle and Clare County Council, who received certification to the people management standard, Excellence Through People (ETP).
The Excellence Through People certification is Ireland's national standard for human resource development. This award is achieved by organisations that have best practice Human Resource Systems in place, particularly in the area of staff training and development, communication, and staff involvement in the decision making processes in the organisation.
Commenting at the awards ceremony, Maurice Buckley, CEO, NSAI said:
“Since its establishment in 2012, NSAI has awarded over 126 Excellence Through People certificates to 58 organisations, both large and small, across a variety of industries in the public and private sectors.
I’m delighted to see that so many leading Irish organisations are committed to investing in certification to Excellence Through People. These organisations recognise that their best competitive edge is their staff – the people who make sure things happen on a daily basis. Employees that are encouraged to continuously improve are more likely to have new ideas and adapt to new technologies and methods, resulting in an improvement in products and services at a time when companies must constantly create and innovate to meet growing customer demands".
The winners of the Excellence in People Development Awards
- Category 1 (Organisations with up to 200 employees): Teleflex Medical Europe Ltd
- Category 2 (Organisations with between 201 & 999 employees): KCI Manufacturing
- Category 3 (Organisations with between 1000 & 2999 employees): Sodexo and Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Category 4 (Organisations with between 3000 & 5000 plus employees): Aramark
- Overall Excellence in People Development Award: Sodexo
Overall Winner: Sodexo represented by Niamh Cray & Deirdre Saunders receiving the Overall Winner award from Minister Gerald Nash T.D., Mary Connaughton, Director CIPD Ireland and Maurice Buckley, CEO NSAI
Review the photographs from the awards: EIPD Awards 2015 in picture
Listen to what some of the winners had to say about receiving their awards
- Niamh Cray, Head of HR at Sodexo Ireland on receiving the awards
- Deirdre Fahy, Head of HR Operations at the RSCI
- Diana Rhodes, HR Manager at Teleflex Medical, Athlone, Co. Westmeath
The Excellence in People Development Awards finalists for 2015
- Sodexo (Dublin)
- Royal College of Surgeons (Dublin)
- KCI Manufacturing (Dublin)
- Teleflex Medical Europe Ltd (Westmeath)
- Aramark (Cork, Limerick & Dublin)
- Ulster Bank (Dublin)
- The HR Suite (Kerry)
- Combined Facilities Management Ltd (Derry)
- Espion (Dublin)
- Kuehne & Nagel (Dublin, Cork, Clare)
- Comfort Keepers (Branches in Carlow, Cork, Limerick, Dublin, Cavan, Kildare, Galway, Laois, Kilkenny, Clare)
These Awards compliment the Excellence Through People (ETP) certification scheme and have helped organisations to use ETP as a framework that links HR to business strategy.
Watch how the Irish Naval Service benefit from ETP
Certification to Excellence Through People
The following organisations recently achieved ETP certification and were presented with their certificates.
- Ashford Castle (Mayo)
- Defence Forces – 1 Brigade (Cork)
- Barretstown Gang Camp Fund (Kildare)
- Clare County Council (Clare)
- HID Global Ireland Teoranta (Galway)
- Precision Construction Ltd (Dublin)
- Northside Homecare Services (Dublin)
- Allianz PLC (Dublin)
- Kuehne & Nagel Ireland Ltd (Dublin, Clare, Cork)
- Road Safety Operations Ireland (Dublin)
- Health and Information Quality Authority (Dublin)