Free evening forum
TIME: 6.15pm – 8.30pm
DATE: Wednesday, March 14th 2012
VENUE: Crowne Plaza Hotel, Northwood, Santry, Dublin 9
Hosted by:National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI) and the,
National Disability Authority, Centre for Excellence in Universal Design (NDA/CEUD)
The NSAI and CEUD invites you to a forum at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Northwood
on the evening of Wednesday, 14th March 2012.
This is a unique chance for practitioners, entrepreneurs, engineers, manufacturers, architects, innovators and legislators to meet and engage with the members of the International Committee ISO IEC JTAG Guide 71 on the development of standards for products, services and environments that are more accessible and usable.
3 key speakers will address the “Carrot and Stick” drivers that are backing the movement toward more Universal Design related standards with examples of new mandates, guidance and research.
An International Panel of experts will take questions from the audience and discuss the future of innovation and business advantage through user focused design practices and resources.
Places are limited. Early booking is advisable
6.15 – 7.00 Presentations
Advances in Guidance and Standards for more Accessibility & Usability of Products, Services and Environments
- Master of Ceremonies: Martin Whelan, Director of Standards, NSAI
- Introduction to theme: Dr Ger Craddock, Chief Officer, Centre for Excellence in Universal Design
- Accessibility Policy and Standards
Convenor ISO/IEC JTC-1 Special Working Group on Accessibility
- Universal Design related guidance standards in Ireland
Convenor NSAI Universal Design for Services Working Group
- Research on Size for Universal Design
Director Center for Research in Design and Innovation
7.00 – 7.45 Q & A Session with Panel of Experts
Innovation Lead Design for Competitive Advantage
- Panel of experts from the representative countries on the ISO IEC JTAG Guide 71 committee
- Moderator: Sean McNulty, INNOVATOR, Dolmen Associates, Dublin
7.45 – 8.30 Tea & Coffee & Networking
This is a FREE to attend event. Early booking is advisable.Notes:
- ISO IEC JTAG Guide 71 has been set up by ISO to revise ISO/IEC Guide71: Guidelines for standards developers to address the needs of older persons and persons with disabilities
- Please RSVP to: email@example.com by 5pm on Monday, March the 12th, 2012
- Directions to the Crowne Plaza Northwood