CEN/CENELEC, the European Standardisation body, received a draft Standardization Request from the European Commission, relating to postal services and the improvement of quality of service in support of Directive 97/67/EC.
NSAI are inviting the public to review the attached draft standardisation request and input into this process via the attached template by returning email to email@example.com no later than close of business on Thursday 27th January 2022.
Specifically, please send us on any;
- Comments on the attached draft standardisation requests
- Indications of interest in participation in the Standardization Request ad-hoc group (SRAHG ‘Postal Services') which will follow-up the preparatory work and advise in case of problematic issues.
The draft Standardization Request asks CEN to develop at least 9 new harmonised standards that would cover the following aspects:
1. Postal addresses (alignment with legal and regulatory development resulting from digitalisation o f the end-to-end postal delivery chain)
2. Harmonization of Track & Trace events;
3. Use of technology for the tracking of postal items;
4. Digitalisation of postal transport documents;
5. Digital identification of postal operators;
6. Digitization of postal information on item level resulting from digitalisation of the end-toend postal delivery chain.
7. Innovative solutions to achieve effective and environmentally sound delivery;
8. Definition of a methodology to calculate and report the environmental impact (greenhouse gas emissions and air pollutant emissions) of end-to-end parcel transportation and handling from the original collection point to the point of final delivery; 9. Safe, secured and contactless delivery of postal items
In addition, CEN is invited to revise the following standards
1. CEN/TS 15121-1, Postal services. Hybrid mail – Secured electronic postal services (SePS) interface specification. Concepts, schemas and operations.
2. CEN/TS 15121-2, Postal services. Hybrid mail – Secured electronic postal services (SePS) interface specification. ECPM service.
3. CEN/TS 16326, Postal Services. Hybrid Mail. Functional Specification for postal registered electronic mail
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information on standardisation requests and the wider process of creating Harmonised Standards, please see:
- Standardization requests (Mandates) (cen.eu).
- CEN/CENELEC training webinars on the Harmonised Standards process, see Part 1 and Part 2
In case you missed it above;