Our Latest News
Find the latest updates about medical devices below.
On the 26th of March, NSAI hosted an event on the ISO 80369 standards series in the Clayton Hotel, Galway. You can view the presentation from this event by clicking here.
NSAI hosted two events on the 25th and 27th of February in Dublin and Galway.
These events focused on:
- Clinical requirements for the medical device regulation.
- Device classification and product technical file requirements.
- Quality system requirements.
- Brexit implications for medical device manufacturers.
To learn more, view the recording below, or download a copy of the Powerpoint presentation
On 5 April 2017, two new Regulations on medical devices were adopted, and they entered into force on 25 May 2017. They were:
Regulation (EU) 2017/745 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 5 April 2017 on medical devices, amending Directive 2001/83/EC, Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 and Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 and repealing Council Directives 90/385/EEC and 93/42/EEC
Regulation (EU) 2017/746 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 5 April 2017 on in vitro diagnostic medical devices and repealing Directive 98/79/EC and Commission Decision 2010/227/EU
In light of these changes, we would like to advise medical device manufacturers of the excellent resources below, kindly put together by the European Commission:
- Factsheet for manufacturers of medical devices
- Implementation model: medical devices
- Exhaustive list: requirements for medical devices manufacturers
The NSAI Medical Device department has just completed its latest Roadshow on the subject 'ISO 13485:2016 and the MDR - Major Changes and Impacts'.
Hosting a seminar in both Dublin and Galway NSAI Medical Device staff gave presentations on what's new in ISO 13485:2016 and the major changes and impacts the MDR will have on industry.
This latest NSAI presentation is now available to view here
Documents referenced during the ISO 13485:2016 presentation:
- ISO 13485:2016 NSAI Transtion Policy
- ISO 13485:2016 NSAI Technical Questionnaire (Word version is available from your NSAI auditor)
NSAI hosted two morning seminars on ISO 13485:2016 & the MDR in Dublin and Galway on the 18th & 20th May, The presentation given at these events is available below.
News on future events can be accessed on the NSAI Seminars web page as it becomes available. You can also receive information on NSAI seminars direct by subscribing to
the NSAI E-zine.
- Request a Quote
- Substantial Change QMS
- Upload Documentation to NSAI
- General Conditions
- Client Agreement U.S
- Client Agreement Ireland
New Website Created by EU Commission to Assist in Communication on MDR/IVDR
The Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (DG GROW) is launching a communication campaign on the new Regulations on medical devices (MDR) and in vitro diagnostic medical devices (IVDR). They came into force on 25 May 2017 and a transitional period is foreseen until May 2020 for medical devices and May 2022 for in vitro diagnostic medical devices.
- GOPA Com. has been chosen to undertake a series of targeted communication activities from 2018 onwards.
- Medical Devices Directive (93/42/EEC)
- Active Implantable (90/385/EEC)
- In-VitroDiagnostic (98/79/EC)
- Health Canada
- European Commission (Medical Devices)
- IDA (Irish Development Agency)
- Enterprise Ireland
- Health Products Regulation Authority
- Medical Device Regulation 2017/ 745 EU
- In-vitro Diagnostic Regulation 2017/ 746 EU
NSAI European HQ
1 Swift Square
Dublin 9 D09 A0E4
T+ 353 1 807 3800
F+ 353 1 807 3878
NSAI Galway Office
Ballybrit Business Park
Galway H91 NX52
T+ 353 1 807 3800
20 Trafalgar Square
Nashua, NH 03063
T+ 1 603 882 4412
F+ 1 603 882 1985