I.S. EN ISO/IEC 27701:2021 Security Techniques for Privacy Information Management System (PIMS) is a privacy extension of ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management and ISO/IEC 27002 Information Security Controls.
PIMS outlines a framework for Personally Identifiable Information (PII) Controllers and PII Processors to manage data privacy.
- Annex B introduces 31 additional controls for PII controllers and 18 additional controls for PII processors.
- Support compliance with GDPR and other data protection regulations.
- Clarifies roles and responsibilities.
- Builds trust in clients and stakeholders for managing personal information securely.
- Enables you to meet the highest standards of responsibility and transparency in the processing of personal information.
- Identify and mitigate risk by implementing rigorous privacy controls.