Public consultation period: From 27/1/2021 until 15/3/2021, inclusive.
The scope of the draft Standard Recommendation 18, " Guidance on the use of I.S. EN 13139: 2002 – Aggregates for mortar"
This S.R. provides guidance on the use of I.S. EN 13139:2002 in Ireland.
I.S. EN 13139:2002 specifies the properties of aggregates and filler aggregates obtained by processing natural, manufactured or recycled materials and mixtures of these aggregates for use in mortar for buildings, roads and civil engineering works including the following mortar end uses:
- masonry mortar;
- floor/screed mortar;
- surfacing of internal walls (plastering mortar);
- rendering of external walls;
- special bedding materials;
- repair mortar; and
This S.R. provides guidance only for natural aggregates used to make masonry mortar, plastering/rendering and floor screeds. It does not include guidance with regard to the use of manufactured or recycled aggregates or for special bedding materials, repair mortar or grouts.
NOTE: Lightweight aggregates for mortar are covered by I.S. EN 13055-1.
Content of the draft
The draft contains the following sections:
- Section 3.1: General
- Section 3.2: Geometrical properties
- Section 3.3: Physical properties
- Section 3.4: Chemical properties
- Section 3.5: Geological and petrographical properties
- Section 3.6: Evaluation of conformity
- Section 3.7: Designation and description
- Section 4: Provisions of the EU Construction Products Regulation
- Annex A: Recommended values/categories and test frequencies for properties for aggregates used for masonry mortar
- Annex B: Guidance on the geological and petrographical assessment
View the draft and submit comments
All interested parties are invited to comment on the draft S.R. 18 Guidance on the use of I.S. EN 13139:2002 – Aggregates for mortar through the NSAI “Your Standards Your Say” (YSYS) forum.
Find out how to use Your Standards, Your Say here.