CEN-CENELEC has created a new Joint Technical Committee, CEN/CLC/JTC 23 - Horizontal topics for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) has been formed to deliver standards that encompass more than one type or personal protective equipment (PPE) product.
It intends to standardize across the following Horizontal topics;
1. Maintenance and/or adoption of standards and/or other CEN/CENELEC - ISO/IEC deliverables which in the past were developed by CEN-CLC JWGs or by ISO bodies not mirrored in CEN
2. Dual function PPE
3. Integration of smart textiles/ electronics or (other) wearables
4. Ensembles/ Personal protective systems (PPS)
5. Focus on specific sectors or hazards
6. Sustainability in PPE
7. Ergonomics & comfort of PPE systems
If you would like to find out more information on standardisation in the field of Horizontal topics for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and get involved in the development of Standards in this area, contact NSAI at firstname.lastname@example.org.