NSAI would like to inform those that have interest in Standardization in the field of Commercial Aircraft Air Quality of the establishment at European level of a Technical Committee:
- CEN/TC 436 Cabin Air Quality on commercial aircraft – Chemical Agents
The first meeting of this TC will take place at CEN-CENELEC Management Centre (CCMC) in Brussels on the 20th April 2015.
This work may be of interest to:
- representatives of parties representing employees and workers’ rights/ trade unions,
- Pilot & Cabin crew /employee interests representatives,
- manufacturers of air handling systems,
- Occupational Health & Safety experts,
- societal interests/societal stakeholders, and
- consumer interests amongst others.
The creation of this new Project Committee to develop a European Standard or a set of standards dealing with the quality of air on commercial aircraft concerning chemical agent such as:
- bleed-air, environmental control system (ECS) processed air and cabin air
The future European Standard(s) is also intended to include suitable measurement and detection techniques for the chemical agents in order to enable verification and compliance as well as minimum requirements for training of airline crewmembers.
Get involvedIf you would like to participate in this work please contact Ms Elizabeth O'Ferrall, Project Manager/Standardisation
- Email: Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 01 807 3800 / 3855