Link to the survey Survey on Standards for Services
Please submit your completed survey by the 28th of May 2014.
This survey is part of the work undertaken by the European Committee for Standardization (CEN) under the framework of a Mandate (M/517) on horizontal service standards and is financed by the European Commission and EFTA. The aim is to identify areas for the development of standards for services and their prioritization taking into account the needs of the different stakeholders in the service sector.
Why should you answer this survey?By filling in this survey you will be helping to:
- influence coming policies/measures relevant to your sector of activity,
- share your experiences and views of standardization in services,
- guide future stages of the mandate and help to ensure that this work is carried out in line with the needs and expectations of the organizations most directly affected.
Objective of the surveyThe global objective of the survey is to gather information on areas and activities where standards can support organizations and professionals to better perform in the European market, taking into account the public interest.
This is to be achieved by:
- finding out which existing standards for services are widely known and used,
- identifying in which service areas there is most need or demand for new standards
- identifying areas in which standards are most likely to have a beneficial effect
- defining the criteria for a methodology that will help to ensure that the needs of all stakeholders are met by the new standards,
- understanding the potential benefits of standards for services,
- understanding any negative implications and barriers to the greater use of standards.
- What is a European Standard (EN)?