Public Consultation Period: From 30th July 2020 to 2nd October 2020, inclusive
This document gives guidelines for the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of heat pump systems with an effective rated output up to 70 kW in new and existing dwellings.
This document is applicable to:
- heat pump systems that are intended to serve as the principal source of space heating of a dwelling and/or domestic hot water demand of a dwelling;
- heat pump systems which use the following sources for heat;
- air being expelled from the same dwelling by a ventilation system,
- packaged heat pumps, split and multi-split heat pumps;
- heat pumps which are driven by electricity or heat, including absorption heat pumps;
- distribution systems suitable for heat pump systems.
This document does not give guidance on heat pumps used for the purposes of cooling and, it does not apply to heat pumps used in district heating or group heating schemes.
View the draft and submit comments:
All interested parties are invited to comment on the draft Standard Recommendation through the NSAI “Your Standards Your Say” (YSYS) forum.