The National Standards Authority of Ireland wishes to announce the launch of a systematic review period (14th October 2022 to 22nd November 2022) for the following Irish Standard in line with NSAI procedures:
S.R. 54:2014&A2:2022 Code of practice for the energy efficient retrofit of dwellings
This Standard Recommendation addresses the energy retrofit of the building fabric and services of detached, semi-detached and terraced dwellings of not more than three stories. The main purpose of this S.R. is to provide technical guidance on the design and installation of retrofit measures to improve energy efficiency while:
- maintaining the fi re safety performance of dwellings;
- ensuring structural integrity and acoustic performance;
- maintaining healthy internal environments;
- controlling the movement of moisture.
Th e S.R. addresses the following points:
- retrofit measures that are suitable for typical forms of construction in Irish dwellings;
- an explanation of building science relevant to retrofit;
- good practice for building fabric measures;
- good practice for building services measures
The need to revise these documents and the development of the associated work programme is a decision for the relevant NSAI technical committee.
View the Standard and submit comments:
All interested parties are invited to comment on the need for revision of the standard through the NSAI “Your Standards Your Say” (YSYS) forum below.