The European Association of National Metrology Institutes (EURAMET) is the Regional Metrology Organisation of Europe. It coordinates the cooperation of National Metrology Institutes (NMI) of Europe in fields like research in metrology, traceability of measurements to the SI units, interna-tional recognition of national measurement standards and related calibration and measurement capabilities of its members. Through knowledge transfer and co-operation among its members EURAMET facilitates the development of the national metrology infrastructures.
EURAMET manages EU-funded metrology research programmes with a total volume of more than one billion euro. The European Metrology Research Programme (EMRP) during 2009-2017 and the European Metrology Programme for Innovation and Research (EMPIR) during 2014-2024 include metrology research to address the Grand Challenges of Energy, Environment and Health and encourage collaboration between NMIs and partners in industry and academia.
To complement the management structure of the central secretariat, EURAMET is recruiting a General Secretary. This is a full-time position with attractive terms of employment, to be based in Braunschweig (D) or Teddington (UK).
- General Secretary of EURAMET e.V. - JOB ADVERTISEMENT DETAILS (pdf)
- Closing date for applications: 26 August 2016
The General Secretary plays a key role by implementing the policies and strategies agreed by the Board of Directors to ensure that EURAMET as a European Association can meet its goals and objectives.
- Increasing and widening EURAMET’s influence within the European Commission and with other important stakeholders at both the European and International level.
- Supporting the Board of Directors and General Assembly in developing and implementing strategies by:
- Defining an overall metrology strategy and agenda for Europe (research, services, creating impact with metrology, innovation, standardization, etc).
- Attracting and utilising extra resources to strengthen the organization and to ensure its long-term sustainability.
- Having overall management responsibility for the EURAMET secretariat by:
- Reviewing EURAMET governance and proposing changes where appropriate.
- Supervising/monitoring the execution of, and implementing where relevant the decisions taken by the Board of Directors and the General Assembly.
Profile of the General Secretary
- Deep knowledge, understanding and experience of working with the European Commission and other European and International organizations
- Strong ability to work in a multinational organization serving widely varying cultural needs of its members and ability to connect people and their different interests
- Proven experience of working at a senior management level
- High self-motivation and the ability to convert ideas to concrete outcomes
- Excellent communication skills
- Financial experience/knowledge sufficient to supervise the management of the EURAMET accounts
- Good technical understanding of metrology and standards
Excellent written and oral English skills
Location: Braunschweig (DE) or Teddington (UK)
Reports to: Board of Directors
Period: Initially five years, with the option for an extension
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Euramet contact details
EURAMET e.V., Bundesallee 100, 38116 Braunschweig, Germany
Phone: +49 531 592 1960 Fax: +49 531 592 1969 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org