Excellence Through People
The National Human Resource Management Scheme
The transfer of the Excellence Through People scheme to NSAI took effect on 1st January 2012.
NSAI offers certification to the Excellence Through People (ETP) scheme, previously provided by FÁS.
the NSAI Excellence Through People Specification
Excellence Through People - Business Improvement
Success as a business owner or manager largely depends on the ability to improve business performance through people. Excellence Through People provides a business improvement model for organisations to enhance performance and realise strategies through the management and development of their people.
The focus of Excellence Through People is to get organisations to look at their people as a key source of competitive advantage. The scheme is available to all organisations – regardless of size.
The model helps you achieve business improvement by:
- Putting the right human resource systems in place to maximise employee contribution
- Aligning people practises with the goals of your organisation
- Maximising the investment in human resource management
The scheme is used by many of Ireland’s most successful organisations in becoming more efficient, productive, flexible, competitive and innovative.
Excellence Through People – Core Sections
The process for business improvement takes you through six core sections and shows you the criteria required to attain the Excellence Through People scheme.
These sections are:
1. Business planning and continuous improvement
The organisation plans where it is going and continuously improves its approach to quality.
2. Effective communication and people engagement
The organisation communicates with and encourages its people in an effective manner.
3. Leadership and people management
The organisation leads and manages its people and their performance to pre-determined objectives in a competent and effective manner.
4. Planning of learning and development
The organisation plans the development of its people in support of the achievement of its business goals.
5. Evaluation of learning and development
The organisation reviews the impact that peoples learning and development has had on performance and identifies improvements as a result.
6. Human resource systems and employee wellbeing
The organisation provides for the health, safety and wellbeing of all its people in a fair and non-discriminatory manner.
Benefits for your Organisation include:
- Bottom-line improvements
- Customer satisfaction
- Employee engagement
- Workforce organisation
- Quality improvement
- Succession Planning
The process to achieve Excellence Through People certification:
To receive an NSAI quotation for Certification to the Excellence Through People scheme please complete a Request for Quotation Form
- Applicant familiarises themselves with the requirements of ETP 1000:2012 specification
- Conducts a self assessment - Download Self Assessment Form
- Implement actions to meet the scheme requirements
- Apply for recognition - Download Application Form
- Send completed Application Form and signed Declaration of Compliance to NSAI
- Assessment carried out by ETP assessor
- Assessor report and recommendations
- Certification decision and feedback
|For further information contact:
Excellence Through People
1 Swift Square
T: 01 807 3800
E: Excellence Through People