NSAI, in conjunction with SEAI and the Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government held the official launch of the free Irish energy efficiency standard S.R. 54 Code of Practice on 6th April at the SEAI Energy Show 2016 RDS, Dublin
- Download your FREE copy of S.R. 54
Overview of the code of practice for energy efficient retrofit of dwellings.
This Standard Recommendation [S.R. 54 Code of Practice - Methodology for the energy efficient retrofit of existing domestic dwellings] has been developed by:
- the Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government,
- the Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources,
- the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland and
- the National Standards Authority of Ireland in conjunction with the Building Research Establishment to provide guidance on the energy efficient retrofit of dwellings.
S.R. 54 Scope
The scope of this Standard Recommendation addresses the energy retrofit of the building fabric and services of detached, semi-detached and terraced dwellings of not more than three stories. The main purpose of this S.R. is to provide technical guidance on the design and installation of retrofit measures to improve energy efficiency while:
- maintaining the fire safety performance of dwellings;
- ensuring structural integrity and acoustic performance;
- maintaining healthy internal environments;
- controlling the movement of moisture.
The S.R. addresses the following points:
- retrofit measures that are suitable for typical forms of construction in Irish dwellings;
- an explanation of building science relevant to retrofit;
- good practice for building fabric measures;
- good practice for building services measures.
S.R. 54 provides guidance through many diagrams and case studies