Management System Certification
What is Management System Certification?
A quality management system (QMS) is a set of policies, processes and procedures required for planning and execution (production/development/service) in the core business area of an organisation.
NSAI offers a comprehensive range of quality management system services to internationally-recognised standards.
- Quality Management Systems ISO 9001
- Environmental Management Systems ISO 14001
- Health and Safety Management Systems OHSAS 18001
- Food Safety Management Systems ISO 22000
- Medical Device Management Systems ISO 13485
- Information Security Management ISO 27001
- UK National Highway Sector Schemes these are specific applications of the ISO 9001:2008 quality management system developed for the highways industry in Northern Ireland and Britain.
- Integrating your management systems NSAI offer a suggested structure for an integrated management system which can be downloaded free of charge.
What are the benefits of Management System Certification?
Management System Certification can bring a host of benefits to your organisation including:
- More efficient use of resources and improved financial performance
- Improved risk management and protection of people and the environment, and
- Increased capability to deliver consistent and improved services and products, thereby increasing value to customers and all other stakeholders.
What impact will Brexit have on Management System Certification?
It is expected that certification to any of the International Standards Organisations Management Systems Standards such as ISO 9001 Quality, ISO 14001 Environment or ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety will not be directly affected by Brexit.
Certification of Management System by a UK Notified Body such as ISO 9001 Quality, ISO 14001 Environment, ISO27001 Information Security will continue to be accredited by United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS), Irish National Accreditation Board (INAB) and National Accreditation Bodies as required by the market and Brexit will not impact the recognition of these certificates internationally.
In a post-Brexit environment, it is foreseeable that having certification in ISO 9001 Quality or ISO 14001 Environment as it internationally recognised, will be beneficial for companies who export to the United Kingdom or who tender for United Kingdom based contracts.
Find out more on NSAI role in Certification
Get in touch at BrexitUnit@nsai.ie