30 State bodies and services ready to give expert help
Tánaiste and Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation, Frances Fitzgerald TD, together with Minister of State for Trade, Employment, Business, EU Digital Single Market and Data Protection Pat Breen TD, have launched an important event for existing and potential entrepreneurs called ‘Taking Care of Business’.
This free event will take place on Wednesday, 8 November in the Printworks Conference Centre in Dublin Castle.
The event is specifically targeted at people thinking of starting a business as well as small business owners and managers to help them:
- Better understand the main regulations that affect them so that they can focus on the main task of running their business;
- Meet experts from a broad range of public bodies in an informal setting; and
- Find out about advice and supports that are available from the public sector.
TCOB Opening Time
The half-day event will open at 8.30am. There will be two separate strands running at the same time, with presentations from State bodies in one area and information stands manned by staff from these bodies in a separate area. The concise presentations will focus on key regulatory requirements and assistance available to help entrepreneurs develop their businesses. Experts will be available at the information stands to speak directly to attendees and answer questions. The first presentation will be at 9am.
30 State bodies, agencies and units in one location
This free initiative of the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation will bring together up to 30 State bodies, agencies and units in one location; the event will be an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurs, business owners and managers to learn about the broad range of advice and support that is available. This will also give attendees the chance to communicate with public bodies about their business concerns.
The State offices and agencies represented will provide information across a wide range of areas, including:
- Tax, employment and Health & Safety obligations;
- Legal requirements for setting up and running a company;
- Requirements in areas such as food and environmental safety; and
- Assistance and supports from enterprise agencies
A number of representative bodies from industry have also come together to support the event and will be available to talk to attendees on the day.
- Early booking is strongly advised as there are a limited number of places available
- The website provides full details of the event including the running order for presentations and the full list of bodies attending
- Register by visiting www.takingcareofbusiness.ie
Subscribe to RSS feed
‘Taking Care of Business’ is supported by SFA, Chambers Ireland, ISME, RGDATA, ACCA, IBEC, IDA, Construction Industry Federation and the Hardware Association of Ireland.
The twitter hashtag for the event is #supportforbusiness