NSAI (National Standards Authority of Ireland) is Ireland’s official standards body.
We operate under the National Standards Authority of Ireland Act (1996) and we are accountable to the Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation.
NSAI is the national standards and measurement body. Where a standard already exists, NSAI works with businesses to help them apply it. Where a standard may be needed, NSAI will work with relevant parties at national or international level to create and develop the appropriate standard. NSAI improves the performance of Irish business and protects consumers through the setting of standards and issuing of certification in the quality and safety of goods and services.
We are the national certification authority for CE Marking and provide a certification service to enable business demonstrate that Irish goods and services conform to applicable standards
What we do
As Ireland’s Official standards body, NSAI aims to inspire consumer confidence and create the infrastructure for products and services to be recognized and relied on, all over the world.
We do this by
- Setting agreed minimum Irish standards for goods and services, benchmarked against international best practice to ensure fair trade nationally and globally
- Issuing certification confirming the quality and safety of goods and services produced and traded in Ireland
- Monitoring and regulating metrology
- Assessing and approving new materials and processes for Ireland’s construction industry.
- Providing information, training and technical support to government, consumers and industry.
- NSAI Vision, Mission and Values can be found in the NSAI Mission Statement.
Our work in Ireland
NSAI is involved in a diverse range of activities which are coordinated by four sub-groups within the organization:
Our international work
In addition to our domestic responsibilities, NSAI represents Ireland in European and international standards and measurement bodies. The purpose of this international activity is to work with others to develop consistent international written standards and measurements, which in turn can help ensure fair trade.
Our Customer Charter
The NSAI Customer Charter sets out the standards of service that our Customers can expect from NSAI.
The Customer Charter is also available to view in Irish.
Find out more about the work of NSAI:
NSAI Head Office
1 Swift Square,
Dublin 9, Ireland
T: +353 1 807 3800
F: +353 1 807 3838