The range of services NSAI offer to the public sector are as comprehensive as those for the private sector. In recent times the focus has been on developing ISO 9001 for the public sector to enhance organizational performance, in particular outcomes and outputs while delivering quality services to the public. The OECD report towards an integrated public service highlights the value of ISO 9001 for the Irish Public Sector.
NWA 2:2009 Embedding effective management systems in public sector organizations Guidance for the implementation of ISO 9001:2008
ISO 9001 for the public sector
ISO 9001 can help Government for the same reason it helps large corporations; it allows objectives to be rolled out to front line units with clear and transparent measures, provides better information flow and visibility for management and integrates processes to achieve better service delivery and customer satisfaction.
Specific beneficial outputs ISO 9001 can deliver in the Public Service
- Greater emphasis on leadership, communications and change management
- Improved efficiency and service quality
- Continual improvement and customer focus
- Promotion and standardization of good working practices with control of key processes
- Aid to staff mobility through defined and documented operating procedures
- A planning and review process which ensures the system remains effective and capable of identifying improvement opportunities
- Effective management of risk and reduction of crisis management
|< For more information use the 'Filter Your Search' menu